We’re writing to let you know that your temporary upgrade in Meet functionality will conclude as planned on September 30, 2020. Meetings recorded during the promotional period, however, will stay in the respective owner’s Drive.
To help businesses, schools, and organizations stay connected, earlier this year we enabled advanced Google Meet features (typically only available in the Enterprise edition of G Suite) to all G Suite customers globally at no additional cost through September 30, 2020. These advanced Meet features include:
- Larger meetings for up to 250 participants per call
- Live streaming for up to 100K viewers within your domain
- The ability to securely record meetings to Google Drive
What does this mean for my organization?
Unless you take the action described in the section below, starting October 1, 2020, Meet will revert back to the original functionality associated with the G Suite edition that your organization is currently using. This means:
- If you are using the G Suite Basic or Nonprofit edition, the maximum number of participants per meeting will be 100 and you will no longer be able to host live streams or record meetings;
- If you are using the G Suite Business edition, the maximum number of participants per meeting will be 150 and you will no longer be able to host live streams or record meetings.
What do I need to do?
To extend your access to these advanced Meet features beyond September 30, 2020, please contact your G Suite reseller to better understand the impact of these changes on your organization and how you can upgrade to the G Suite Enterprise edition.
Otherwise, we suggest notifying your users of these changes in case they have live streams scheduled or recordings planned for a later date.
What Meet functionality exists in my G Suite edition?
To compare the functionality included in the different G Suite editions, compare G Suite Basic, Business, Enterprise editions.
We’re here to help
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact G Suite support. When you call or submit your support case, reference issue number 166508852.
The G Suite Team